Monday, May 3, 2010

Pink and Candylicious in Brooklyn...

So I had my first showing in Brooklyn's Artist's and Fleas  on Saturday.  It was cool, but I felt soo out of my element.  I tend to be very timid and quiet, and you would never guess that from my wardrobe and accessories, lol.  So as you can imagine this was a very new experience for me, not just because it was my first showing, but because I put myself out there in a way I have never done before.  I needed my Dysfunctional Party Tshirt ala Twillypop , lol.

I am soo used to doing my thing online via my Etsy Shop, so this was a very interesting experience and have no regrets doing it, although at moments I felt very awkward.   Luckily I had my hubby with me and my new friend CandyBella  showing with me as well.  But still there would be moments when the awkwardness would creep in from time to time.  Like when a person would approach the table, I'd freeze up and be at a loss of words.  I guess this will take some getting used to and don't regret doing this, but wow this was soo different for me.   I will have to do it a few more times and get comfortable with it.

Cool and quiet is what you get from me at first, but I really am sweet and soft.  I am much more open and can communicate myself more freely through my work and writting.  So this was the first time and won't be the last that you will see of AthinaLaBella at a table with her candiliscious treasures.  Be sure to pass by the next, stay tuned. :)  Enjoy the few glispes of Saturday's most beautiful and colorful table ever!!! lol. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment